TECHNET Archives

August 2003

From:
"d. terstegge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:06:24 +0200
Hi Vinit,

We're using Assembly Expert here, it's the followup of the betterknown
Unicam software.  We currently use it only for generating programs for
our assembly machines, but there are much more possibilities like making
production documentation or having on-line drawings available on every
workstation (with the Viewer software). The program can import simple
X,Y-files, but added value comes from the fact that all kinds of
CAD-outputfiles can be imported, if you buy the import modules.
To my personal opinion the software is very expensive, with high costs
for extra modules (like the Viewers) and software maintenance.  On our
Network system we still experience some annoying bugs, and it takes ages
to get them fixed. Probably this due to the local distributor....
In spite of these negative points we are quite happy with the software,
it gave us more flexibility, it speeds up the making of
machine-programs, and it resulted in less efforts getting prototypes to
run on our the machines.

Daan Terstegge
Thales Communications
Unclassified mail
Personal Website: http://www.smtinfo.net

>>> Vinit Verma <[log in to unmask]> 08/27/03 06:20am

Hi technetters,

Does any of you have have any idea about a software called Technomatix
(or
Tecnomatix or something like that) which is a third party SMT program
generation and optimization for several SMT machines?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vinit Verma
PROSEM Technology Inc