TECHNET Archives

August 2003

From:
Leo Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:17:52 -0100
As the author of the IPC-a-600 training program, I'm disturbed that this
kind of information is being delivered throughout the program. There is no
mention of any pink poly material in the instructors guide or in the text
itself. Additional information provided by instructors are what makes the
courses vary from location to location and this can be good and can also be
bad. From my viewpoint this instructor has no idea and it promoting an
agenda which should not be allowed while teaching the course.

I would take this to the IPC training director and have them get back to the
instructors relative to the additional material they are providing. When the
instructors guide was developed all the analogies were realistic to the
board fabrication process and ESD packaging was never introduced.

Perhaps a mention on sulfur free paper between the boards as they are being
packaged would be mentioned as to highlight the potential problem of sulfur
contamination on the solderable surface of the board, but non of the ESD
material.

Bring this up to Jack or John Perry, although they are up to their armpits
in fighting fires, they may be able to shed more light on this matter.

Leo Lambert
Tech Dir.
EPTAC Corp
71 Route 101 A