TECHNET Archives

August 2003

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:57:56 -0700
        Carrie:
        AOIs are a great tool to reduce rework. If there is going to be only
one, before the reflow oven is the better place. Not all the boards have to
be inspected. If the AOI becomes the bottle neck inspect every 5 boards. The
machine can be skipped if there is no program for the boards or other
circumstances,  boards run through the tracks of the machine.   It would be
a good idea to start with an easy to program board to become familiar with
the machine. The next step would be to program the boards with the most
defects. Program one boards at a time.  It will take some time to have all
the boards inspected by the machine, but it will pay off.
        Good luck
        Ramon