TECHNET Archives

August 2003

From:
Lum Wee Mei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:46:46 +0800
Hello,

We recently ordered cushioned ESD bags and a big roll of the pink bubble
wrap. The pink bubble wrap is used to wrap PWBA that are bigger than
those ESD bags that we ordered. I have heard that pink bubble bags have
impact on PWBA even though they are ESD. However, my supplier ensure
that there is no problem or impacts at all as long as they are ESD coated.

I just came back from the IPC-A-600 Inspector course and was told by my
instructor that pink bubble bags absorb moisture readily and will age
the PWBA ESD coated or not as it produce dioxin. This will cause the
PWBs difficulty in wetting.

I just searched the TechnNet archieves but I am lost in those messages.
Can someone be kind enough to give me some good reference or advice what
am I going to do with that big roll of pink bubble wrap?

Thanks and regards,
Wee Mei