TECHNET Archives

August 2003

Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:29:38 -0500
Michael,

A Rockwell-Collins military radio, ARC-210, was the first to be procurred
under the Navy's "Aquisition Reform/Mil Spec Streamling" program.  There is
a write-up in the January 1997 "Signal" magazine.  I can fax you a copy if
you need it right away.

We have been using commercial Rs & Cs for about 8 years without any issues.

Jim Carlson
Rockwell Collins Reliability Engineer

                      "WEEKES, MICHAEL
                      HS-SNS"                  To:       [log in to unmask]
                      <[log in to unmask]        cc:
                      TC.COM>                  Subject:  [TN] commercial resistors and capacitors in high-rel mil applications
                      Sent by: TechNet
                      <TechNet@listserv
                      .ipc.org>

                      08/04/2003 10:05
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum."; Please
                      respond to
                      "WEEKES, MICHAEL
                      HS-SNS"

I have been asked to see if there are any papers or success stories out
there for MIL or avionics manufacturers or assemblers who have successfully
replaced expensive "qualified" mil-type resistors and capacitors  with
less-costly, yet as-reliable resistors or capacitors to meet the needs of
customers like Lockheed Martin, Boeing or Airbus?  I'm looking for anything
that can be shared from the component manufacturer, electronics assembler
or
end customer perspective.
This is urgent.

thank you,