LEADFREE Archives

August 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Keach Sasamori <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:55:42 -0500
Forwarding for Bob Willis ([log in to unmask])

The only solder levelled boards used in the hands on event was
tin/copper/nickel solder levelled for me by CEMCO at their contract
service
in Scotland. The boards were produced by Merlin Circuits and we used
tin/silver/copper paste.

When the sections are available I will expand on the story. Please
remember
the aim of this event was to let people get their hands dirty, try
lead-free
processes for real and see what happens with convection and VPS. Also
the
joint on different PCB finishes and to demystify the process.

Again if its missing please circulate and I will ask the IPC team to
confirm
if as you say the responses are going on line or not.

Bob Willis
2 Fourth Ave, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 4HA
Tel: 01245 351502
Fax: 01245 496123
Mobile: 07860 775858
Email: [log in to unmask]