LEADFREE Archives

August 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:22:57 -0500
Hi UK-Bob and IPC-LF Listservers,

Bob, This story was well done and very consistent with what I have
learned from multiple recent sources and know from experience.

I hope that you will update us on the link for the final report
when it is available.

On Page:11 (if you print this out in Landscape mode) under SM
ReWork & Repair I would disagree that we could or should willy
nilly mix alloys. This maybe is OK in a lab or experiment room
yet is bad business and endangered engineering in manufacturing.
Under Visual Inspection on the same page the problems many are
going to have in manufacturing are overly minimized. I have built
my own sample visual inspection kits for visual processes, one
quite recently, and although a lot of fun due to humans, take
quite a bit of engineering effort to create continual consistency.
(Oops notice I like alliterations, a sign of age)

Again Thanks, Well Done.

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Leadfee Mail List provided as a free service by IPC using LISTSERV 1.8d