LEADFREE Archives

August 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:51:47 +0100
I have some I can send you but the cracked caps are not from a lead-free
process as I have not seen any or been aware of any yet. Its only after
normal soldering and then bending the board, today its very unusual to get
thermal shock problems with multilayer caps unless the parts are poor.

I will also send some images of leaching with a lead free process, damaged
electrolytic caps for your workshops and cracking of PBGA. If you want more
lead free good and bad images let me know.

I will ask Chris at NPL if you can use the film cap we use in the workshop
as well.

Bob Willis
2 Fourth Ave, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 4HA
Tel: 01245 351502
Fax: 01245 496123
Mobile: 07860 775858
Email: [log in to unmask]