TECHNET Archives

July 2003

From:
"Macko, Joe @ IEC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:09:58 -0700
Steve,

I have read this before but what concerns me is when do you know how much
stretch is to much stretch.  Not knowing anything about the BGA discussed in
your example, .46 mm to .68 mm seems like a lot of stretch.  I would think
that stretching the solder joint may lessens its ability to survive a drop
test.

joe