TECHNET Archives

July 2003

From:
Carlr Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:34:49 -0500
Jim,
 One of the best I have seen is Unicam. We were able to import the
gerbers, BOM and AVL to create work instructions.
 We set up electronic stations so the operators in various areas could
go to this station to search for specific part locations, test pads and
traces for ICT.
 These files were keep on a server and every station or node had access
to these files. This was the first step in trying to go to a paperless
system.
 This worked out very well and the operators loved the system. Finally
a tool that they actually used EVERYDAY.

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/01/03 04:56PM >>>
Good evening,

I'm looking for a software application that is geared towards PCB
manufacturing, and that would show an operator detail assembly
instructions,
B.O.M., layout, have revision control capabilities, etc..  In the past,
was aware of one particular software application that would actually
allow
the user to import Gerber files, and be able to highlight certain areas
or
point to certain areas for the operator to view.  I do not have any
information for this software, so I was wondering what others might be
using, or what others may know about.

Thanks for you help.

Jim West

in
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for
additional
information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or