TECHNET Archives

July 2003

From:
DUTTON Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:02:25 +1000
Hello Alan,

Something that I do that may help at incoming inspection;
I put a small stackup window right on the edge of the board with each layer numbered.
You can hold the board up to the light and actually see the layer stack order through this window (plane layers require clearance windows so that this will work) In addition to this, small, unconnected copper traces can be placed on this edge so that they will be exposed on the edge of the board when it is routed - you can actually measure the thicknesses of each layer with this method (I have to credit Rick Hartley for this idea)

regards,

Phil.