TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
Carlr Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:22:51 -0500
Henry,
 Here is the wonderful thing about Technet. I have evaluated both the
ERSA and Metcal (no disrespect Al). We found the Metcal to be more
suited for our application. Flexibility and spares were major items in
favor of the Metcal.
 To each his own, so I recommend perfoming an evaluation and you decide
which products suits your application.

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/26/03 02:37PM >>>
Henry,

ERSA is the "Cadillac" that set the bar, but for a hefty price.  Other
good
units to look at are: Pace, Hi-Scope, and OC White.

In my brief evaluations of these units (looked, but have not bought)
the
ERSA is number one, with the Pace very close.

Al Kreplick
Sr. Mfg. Eng.
Teradyne, Inc.
500 Riverpark Drive
Mail Stop NR500 1-1
North Reading, MA 01864
Tel: 978-370-1726
Fax: 734-661-5352
Pager: 888-561-6485

                      Henry Rekers
                      <Henry.Rekers@PW         To:
                      RM.COM>                  cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject: [TN] ERSA vs
METCAL
                      <TechNet@LISTSER
                      V.IPC.ORG>

                      06/26/03 03:21
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to "TechNet
                      E-Mail Forum.";
                      Please respond
                      to Henry Rekers

We are looking at "under the BGA" inspection systems.

Does anybody have any opinions regarding ERSASCOPE or METCAL VPI-1000?

Thanks.

in
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for
additional
information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or
847-509-9700