TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:39:17 -0700
Bill: SR1000 is designed to be applied by screening. It is not photo
definable, thus the screen itself defines the features which limits it's
registration accuracy to about 8mils per side.

 It is a true 100% epoxy thermal cure soldermask and does not have any
acrylate chemistry. Whoever is requiring it may feel it has better cured
properties, electrical, chemical resistance, etc, than a LPI mask. However
most newer generation LPI's have properties comparable to it. My guess is
that this is an older board and the user doesn't want to qualify a new mask,
so they are still calling out the SR1000.

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Staff Engineer

Fluke Corp.