TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
Rudy Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:27:31 EDT
We all of us have/use 'invisible ink regularly, probably without knowing that
we do...

Most laundry detergents contain "whiteners", which are really UV active dyes,
to "whiten" our clothes.   (Shine a UV light on your clothes, and watch em
light up!)

We use them for QC purposes, to add to certain ingredients, so that we can
assure that this ingredient is added to the final product.

One of my rules in life (re: invisible ink) is that "Forgiveness is easier to
get than permission", so I would put invisible ink on the board (I can
volunteer to supply small amounts at no charge) and if the customer screams, tell
him you rubbed the board against your clothes, and it musta transferred, right?

Good hunting and fishing...:-)

Rudy Sedlak
RD Chemical Company