TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
"Jason W. Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:30:22 -0500
JaMi,

you are now officially on my "Hell Yeah" list. I applaud your posts and am
behind everything you said.

Jason Gregory
SMT Production Supervisor/
Integrated Product Team Leader
LaBarge Inc.
(918)459-2367
(918)459-2221 fax
http://www.labarge.com

                      JaMi Smith
                      <jamismith@SBCGLO        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      BAL.NET>                 cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject:  Re: [TN] Machine registration fees...
                      <TechNet@listserv
                      .ipc.org>

                      06/11/2003 03:05
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum."; Please
                      respond to JaMi
                      Smith

While some of these products may in fact be "foriegn born", the reality of
the situation is that most of the "sales" of this equipment is governed by
the jurisdiction in which it is sold, and once again, certain jurisdictions
have certain "warranty protection" notwithstanding where it the equipment
was made, or what the ELUA states, simply by reason of the fact that the
equipment was sold within the jurisdiction.

Yeah, your Honda or Toyota may have been "Made in Japan" (notwithstanding
that it may claim to be "assembled" in the USA), but if it is sold in the
State of California, it is still governed by the California "Lemon Law".

Yeah, your Pick and Place Machine may have been manufactuured in Denmark or
even Podunk Arkansas, but nevertheless, if you bought it new or used in the
State of California, it is covered by "implied merchantability" laws and
certain "warranties" irrespective of what the company lawyers in Denmark or
Podunk might want to think.

At the very least, most of this equipment is probably sold thru a local
dealer that is in fact legally vulnerable, and who needs to be reminded
that he is in fact legally vulnerable, and who might just need to be
reminded that he might have to lose his house to pay for the 240K piece of
machinery that he has sold to someone or removed the software from.

Anyone who has physically gone into an auction and physically removed
software from a piece of equipment needs to be criminally prosecuted, if
not minimally physically restrained.

I almost wish I owned a piece of such equipmment so that I could "go off"
on the @#^%(*! %^))*#@ that would try and touch it.

Talk about going 5150 . . .

The more I think about this, the more furious and irrational I am becomming
. . .

Give me the *&$&!@ $#}|$#& names and phones numbers . . .

This is totally unacceptable . . .

JaMi