TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
"Valerie St.Cyr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:36:45 -0400
it isn't a question of freedom of speech - we agree that there should be
freedom of speech.

and it isn't a question of some "PC" stuff - (which is used now, and has
been for awhile, as a slander to shut up people who don't agree with you;
as in: you are just so PC that you couldn't possible understand a 'regular'
person; and oh by the way you must be the fringe element)

and Genny should not have been insulted for speaking her mind (in a very
professional way); and she has a right if she was insulted by Earl to feel
insulted; it doesn't mean she is the problem - she is not the problem

and the forum isn't the lesser for Earl (I don't know the other guy);
frankly he wasn't always right - but you couldn't tell him that; and some
of his information was dated - OK, so he didn't want to move from his
position - his loss

and it wasn't just that he was crude and egotistical - again, his problem;
I just didn't like him, so what, that's my problem

but it was that he monopolized the forum as his very own email system and
every little burb of a thought he had he spurted out - and I personally
think that in that way he blocked a wider participation - which is
something we have now.

he can come back anytime he wants to - his decision; he needs to abide by
the same code of conduct we all have to we when agree to use this medium;
and the requirements, in my opinion, are not stifling my ability to recieve
or exchange information -

the issue is if Earl can be a team player; can he be one of the tribe?

Genny, thank you for having the courage to be the first to speak.

"Cagle, James" <[log in to unmask]>@LISTSERV.IPC.ORG> on
06/06/2003 12:13:06 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>;
       Please respond to "Cagle, James" <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>