TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
"Barr, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:13:58 -0400
Ah...finally it's lunchtime so I can throw my two cents in.

Frankly, this post disturbs me. For one, the last statement implies that
this list is not as good as it use to be? What does that mean? Every day I
see good questions asked and good responses given. I have been participating
in this forum for quite some time I am still impressed with the knowledge
out there and the willingness of people to share. What else is it you (we)
are looking for?

Second, this has an air of elitism and egotism to it. From the "very
special" splinter group formed outside of TechNet, to the implication that
the "glory" of the list is gone because two people choose not to
participate, is condescending to the many people who freely share their
knowledge here. Nobody should be on a pedestal or begged to come back. This
is a public forum and everybody is free to participate as they choose as
long as they conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the intent of
the forum.

I hope I haven't ruffled any feathers here, but that's my response to the
poll.  Shoot, time to get back to work!

Bob Barr
Manufacturing Engineering
Formation, Inc.