TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
Eric Christison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:16:53 +0100
Mike,

There's a phrase about brick walls and heads that comes to mind.

A few years ago I worked closely with a number of colleagues in Texas who
dismissively referred to metric fasteners as 'communist screws'. When finally
forced (by an Australian manager) to produce mm drawings all the nominal
dimensions were inch units converted into mm i.e. a plate would be 25.4 X 63.5
X 6.35......

And don't get me started on British Thermal Units...

--
Eric Christison
Mechanical Engineer

tel:    +44 (0)131 336 6165