TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
Eric Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:02:02 +0100
Hi Steve, Hi Everybody,
If I may make a sweeping generalisation, we engineers often have more affinity with 'things' and 'concepts' than with people. Hence you don't get many politicians from an engineering background, more's the pity. What's this got to do with the price of eggs? I hear you say. Well I, for one, value peoples' technical opinions and make allowances for the fact that I am not necessarily conversing with somebody who is Politically Correct. I would be a hypocrite if I demanded this because I can be very undiplomatic at times and I have a short temper that has got me into loads of trouble in the past.
I say "Nuts" to the PC gang and let's have some good, informed comment even if it is sometimes a bit short of polite content. (Not that I encourage this aspect, sometimes we have to apologise.)
Bring back Paul and Earl please.
Regards
Eric Dawson