DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"McGlaughlin, Jeffrey A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:20:56 -0400
1.) I am going to assume that you mean 0.8mm, not 8mm for the BGA pitch,

2.) and that you are using 0.3mm diameter lands.

3.) Based on these criteria and on input from one of the fabricators I work
with I use 0.1mm drill / 0.45mm pad (internal and external) and .1mm trace
and space design rules.

4.) Remember to fan-out all unused balls to via, and teardrop all
connections and you should get a reasonable yield out of the design.

Jeffrey A McGlaughlin, CID
Engineering Designer
Battelle Memorial Institute
Columbus Ohio