DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
JaMi Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:49:50 -0700
I have re-read the original post, numerous times.

I think that you yourself, and others too, may need to go re-read it.

Re-read it and specifically read between the lines.

Look at exactly at what it says, and exactly at the implications of what it
says are.

Ok, I apologize for being rude.

Ok, I apologize for being unprofessional.

Ok, I apologize in advance if the following statements offends anyone.

Any modification to any product in any manner whatsoever after it has
undergone emissions testing for either FCC, CISPR, or CTIC certification,
will invalidate any such testing, and require that the product be retested
and recertified.

Any representation that any product has been tested for such emissions, and
is in compliance with any such emissions standards or requirements, after
such modifications have been made, is considered both FRADULENT and also
UNLAWFULL (i.e.: ILLEGAL) by all governments, agencies or bodies, requiring
any such testing.

Every Designer, Every Engineer, Every Manager, Every Board House, Every
Board House Employee, Every Delivery Boy, Every Person Reading Any Post In
This Forum, Needs To Know This And Needs To Fully Understand This.

PERIOD ! ! !

NO IF'S, AND'S, OR BUT'S ABOUT IT ! ! !

NO EXCUSES ! ! !

NO BEING POLITE ABOUT IT ! ! !

NO BEING PROFESSIONAL ABOUT IT ! ! !

NO BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT ABOUT IT ! ! !

Just in case you don't understand what I am saying, I will say it one more
time: It is against the law to modify any product that requires emissions
testing, after the emissions testing has been performed, unless you
reperform all emissions testing after you do the modifications.

IF YOU WORK IN THIS INDUSTRY, YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT.

JaMi