TECHNET Archives

May 2003

Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 13:06:47 -0400
Carrie,

I have both units and have tested both simultaneously.  They both tracked
very close for measuring parallelism, wave depth, wave length, etc.

If you already have the Supermole (ECD), then all that is needed is the
WaveRider pallet.

If you do not already have the Supermole, then the costs are pretty close
between the two units.

The biggest "strength" with the Optimizer: user friendly for the operator -
the results are displayed immediately on the unit without having to
download (although it is capable of download for SPC).

The biggest "strength" with the WaveRider: the multi-use of the SuperMole.

Also, I've gotten good technical support from both companies.

With either unit, it's critical to understand and use the data correctly.

Contact me off-line if you want more info.

Al Kreplick
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Teradyne, Inc.
500 Riverpark Drive
Mail Stop NR500 1-1
North Reading, MA 01864
Tel:  978-370-1726
Fax:  734-661-5352
Pager:      888-561-6485

"Morse, Carrie" <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 05/12/2003 11:10:10 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to "Morse, Carrie" <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>