TECHNET Archives

May 2003

From:
Collins Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 09:54:05 -0400
In a previous life (previous employer) we used labels with barcodes on
them.  Worked well, other than the odd one where the print was damaged
or torn.  If memory serves, Decca labels, but there are equivalent
labels from Brady, Monarch, and Zebra - likely others.
Boards weren't coated, and we had no issues with them coming off during
processing, or on field returns.

regards,

Graham Collins
Process Engineer,
Northrop Grumman Canada Corporation
Halifax
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/09/03 10:30AM >>>
                Another solution could be using Brady labels. Those
labels
withstand temperature and after CC they stay on boards really well. We
use
Brady printers  for serial numbers and other uses but not for
bar-coding
yet. It is in our plan.   Is anybody out there using bar-code labels
that
might want to share their experiences?
        Regards,
        Ramon