TECHNET Archives

May 2003

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 05:38:34 -0700
        Yannick:
                For your situation it is better to practice on some dummy
boards and parts. You can purchase both from more than one place, search the
internet.  Before the board is place over the solder fountain or any other
device, bake the board at about 220 F for an hour. Take one  board at a time
from the oven directly to the desoldering system. Prior to baking, mask
areas around the component with liquid solder masking or tape. The new part
can be resolder by hand or use a selective solder wave fixture.
                Regards,
                Ramon