TECHNET Archives

May 2003

From:
Eddie Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:34:26 -0700
These sorts of densities are now common place for us and
others that are still around. We routinely build PCB's with
BGA's of 1.0mm and .8mm pitches which require 8 mil vias
and impedance lines down to 3 mils.
Eddie Rocha
Director of Engineering
(408) 579-8282

Hi All,

We've have a prospective customer coming in to see us in
the near future, to
build an assembly for them. Pretty dense, double-sided SMT,
there's over 900
parts on a fab that's 5" X  5"...a good part of the part
count are 0402's and
0603's.

But that's not going to be the hardest part of this deal.
In my mind it's
going to be building the bare fab. It's a 14-layer board,
with 3-mil lines
and spaces., and has over 5,000 8-mil vias, over 1,100
10-mil vias, and over
400 24-mil vias.

I'm wondering if anybody knows a fab house that is
comfortable doing
something like this. Just curious too, what kind of
"ball-park" price would
one expect to pay for a board like this.

You can reply off-line if you wish...again, we don't have
the business yet,
just trying to get an idea of who the players are in
building something like
this.

Thanks!

-Steve Gregory-

following text in
To temporarily halt or (re-start) delivery of Technet send
e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL)
To receive ONE mailing per day of all the posts: send
e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet Digest
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm
for additional
information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or