TECHNET Archives

May 2003

From:
Steve MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:08:06 -0400
Its not normal clad material in my shop, but you can order it if you have
too.
Can't believe they sent that to you. Very unpleasant business that.

As far as what's there, you do have foil, but no surface plating on top.
Fell off, knocked off, kept off, doesn't really matter at this point.

Passing test is easy.  It only matters if you need specific impedance or
voltage requirements, then you might catch that.  You probably do have
enough copper and a continuity test wont require much to pass

3.5.3.2 of the 6012 kills it (as you mentioned--more than a 20% reduction in
thickness) I expect a x-section of the physical geometry is in your favor as
well but you don't need to section itl. Scrape as previously suggested. It
looks like it can be welded althouhg welding at elbows is a pain.  Can you
weld the stuffed board or is it too cramped?

I'd kill my inspector, and my production manager if they tried push that
out.  That tells you what I think of it.  Ask them if they have spares from
the fab lot for replacements. Bet they don't, shipped what they could get to
pass....(or not.)

Steve M.