TECHNET Archives

May 2003

From:
Dave Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 13:34:50 -0500
Hi TechNet! Just an update on the galvanic compatibility discussions we had
earlier in the year. I have finished the environmental testing with
wonderful success! Both immersion silver and immersion gold pwb surface
finishes survived 270 hours of 85C/85RH Humidity and 48 hours of ASTM B117
salt fog testing with no galvanic reactions with aluminum contact surfaces.
The pwbs were biased during the testing and the aluminum surfaces were
bare, no conversion coat condition. I am in the process of writing up the
test results which will be published at the IPC Fall meeting this September
in Minneapolis. Thanks to everyone for their ideas/suggestions/hypothesizes
on the issue.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins