TECHNET Archives

May 2003

From:
Edward Szpruch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 09:34:50 +0200
Hi Jefrrey,
I am wandering why people  so easy change the industrial standarts.Take as
example Nickel-Gold thickness on the fingers. IPC for years states Au
thickness of 0.8 to 1.3 microns over 2.5 microns of Nickel.
Based on this, PCB manufacturers are building the their equipment for Ni-Au
plating of the fingers such as "tab plating machines" . Your "tendency  to
specify"  2.5 micron of gold  makes most of standart finger plating
processes not possible to perform .
Regards
Edward

Edward Szpruch
Eltek Ltd
P.O.Box 159 ; 49101 Petah Tikva Israel
Tel  ++972 3 9395050 , Fax  ++972 3 9309581
e-mail   [log in to unmask]