TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
"Smith, Russell (US LA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:24:39 -0700
        Your right on the money , I wonder why everyone considers something Halogen free , when It can have 900ppm of Cl and Br. to the best of my knowledge, they don't even look for F, or I . We have had a halogen free green for a couple of years now, but no major need in the States. Real big in Japan though. Another big monkey wrench in the mess of halogen is how to test it , and do you count free, bonded , or total in the material? I have seen some literature that some folks actually only count free halides. Any way What in this industry is changed without a major discussion.

        On the other hand yes they did pack me up and ship me to Ca. I still have to work for a living, haven't hit the lotto yet. I guess Ill go by a ticket this week!

Nice hearing from you again
Russ