TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
Chris Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:09:07 +1200
Hi Technetters,

sorry to hear about the low turnout for APEX.  We were going to send someone but it
didn't seem like a good time to travel - maybe next year.

We have a problem on a Dek 265 Horizon screen printer using Proflow with a
supposedly modern high speed paste.  We are getting flux deposits on the top of the
screens (mainly at the ends of the strokes and also some tramlines), and flux is
also leaking over the cassette plunger seals and onto the top of the plunger.  The
remaining paste becomes very difficult to work and as a result the system can no
longer push the paste and we get incomplete filling of apertures.

We are rectifying the problem by emptying out the head and starting with fresh
cartridges, which only last a few days before the same problem occurs again.  We
have tried fresh batches of paste from our supplier but get the same result.

Has anyone else seen this before?  We handle our paste in accordance with the
suppliers recommendations i.e. store in fridge, leave at room temp for 12 hours
before using in machine, etc.  Our Proflow paste pressure is 1.6 bar, idle pressure
0.4bar, proflow system pressure 4.0kg, proflow length 300mm.  The printer is used in
a very high variety / low volume application - typical run sizes less than 10,
proflow cassette usage 1.5 per week.

The paste supplier is saying that their tests on the paste batch show that it is
OK,  but we have been using this paste for a number of months OK until these
problems started.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris Murphy,