TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
Jowan Iven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:47:40 +0200
Eric,

The fracture is between the component and the adhesive.
But that problem is already solved.
We dispense 3 dots adhesive at the two ends of the component.
Half the dot is underneath the component and the other half sticks to the
side.
It looks strange but it works for us.

I was wondering if anyone has some documents/papers saying that TSOP's
(SRAM's ,DRAM's  etc.) are not really suitable for gluing and/or
wavesoldering.
With such a document it is much easier for me to convince the customer to
change their design.

Regards

Jowan Iven