TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
BRAD VANDERHOOF <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 01:11:44 -0700
Hi all,
I like an antistatic polyimide or Kapton tape.  Despite the manufacturer's
claims, the tape can exhibit a little triboelectric charge when peeled
quickly.  But since it is widely used in masking applications without
incident, it seems a reasonably safe choice for the outside of JEDEC trays.
If still in doubt about something sensitive, carefully place the stack of
trays inside a shielding bag and then wrap tightly with tape.  Now you might
as well use duct tape.

Best Regards,
Brad Vanderhoof
AITI