TECHNET Archives

April 2003

Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:34:40 -0400
Conduction reflow would help.  In theory, you have few degree difference
between the fully formed solder joint (old joint) and fine solder sphere
paste for reflow.  The paste would reflow a bit lower temperature.  As
long as all the surface tension still hold for the old joint, you should
be OK, unless the components is in the "cavity down" and weight a bit
too much = can't hold by surface tension..... ;-(.

jk