TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
"Grabski III, John R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:24:28 -0400
Plenty of people with similar interests to mine (esp the computer hardware
enthusiast circles, which is in fact related to the IPC circles) benefit
from the usage of this system...  Was shorthand detrimental to learning
development?  No... it was an additional skill.  And should English ever be
what it was?  No, that's evolution of language, necessary for proper
conveyance of changes in culture through literature and other recorded
mediums...  There are extreme cases of overuse of this format (which does
have an evil cousin named "reetspeak", typed "r33tsp34k" or something like
that), but then again there are extreme cases of overuse of everything...

"ruining young peoples' grammar and vocabulary as they replace English with
this stuff" ...
... ROTFLMAO!!
(rolling on the floor laughing my *** off)
Next thing you know, there'll be a dateline special on it...  Anything to
appease the soccer moms, I guess...  :D :D

Anyway... back to work...

-John Grabski III