TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
Mel Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:26:50 -0500
Hey Carl
Assuming that the SMT lead is a gullwing attachment, 610/001 definition
doesn't require a side fillet for gullwing configuration leads, nor does it
require a toe fillet. It does however require a properly wetted heel filet
and a fillet under the lead for the D dimension based upon lead width or
length.
None of this assumes improper design where all bets are off.
You might consider posting an illustration on the usual web page for
consideration and comment.

Mel Parrish
Madison, AL 35758
256 705 5530