TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
Rudy Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:16:52 EDT
Franklin:

There are saponifiers, and there are SAPONIFIERS....

Similarly, there are soldermask, and there are SOLDERMASKS,

More, there are different ways of applying and baking soldermask...

We are going through some trials right now, looking at the effect of a
cleaner we just developed which has some effect on some soldermasks, and the
results we see from our tests show vast differences in attack, from no
noticeable attack, to total removal/stripping of the mask.

At the end of the day, a saponifier (by definition) is a source of alkali,
and most soldermasks are alkali developed, which means they are at some level
susceptible to attack by alkali.

You get the right soldermask and the right saponifier together, and they will
dance each other right off the board..

Rudy Sedlak