TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
Collins Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:38:37 -0400
Wasn't there a thread a ½ year or so ago concerning the flash point of
Mtn. Dew?  Perhaps the maker caught wind of it and decided to make their
product fire retardant to address this issue.

I'll stick with my coffee.

regards,

Graham Collins
Process Engineer,
Northrop Grumman Canada Corporation
Halifax
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215

>>> Hal Winslow <[log in to unmask]> 04/29/03 01:23PM

Brominated Hydrocarbons and Mountain Dew (NTC-sort of)Since we are
delving
into soda contents, if anyone wants to jump in and tell me why Minute
Maid
Orange soda contains "Ester of Wood Rosin" I'd love to hear it...

(Cynicism on)
Just goes to prove that the politicians are much more willing to jump
on the
elimination of a "supposed" threat that is technilogically unfounded
but
popular with the unknowing masses (such as elimination of lead in
electronic
assemblies) while ignoring true threats to health that are much more
reality
based, and easier to eliminate (such as flame retardent mountain dew or
any
of the cancer inducing artificial sweeteners).
(Cynicism off)

hal