TECHNET Archives

March 2003

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:41:19 +0200
John

If someone asked you if it would be dangerous to put your head in a
bucket of water and keep it there for ten minutes, what would you reply?
One cannot write specifications or standards governing every stupidity
that people can think up. As it is, we have, BY FAR, too many already.
There is such a thing as commonsense and what you are asking falls into
this category. Dammit, when Moses came down from his mountain, he
carried only ten commandments (OK, I know it was cut down from 14, but
he wasn't allowed to scrap the one on adultery!). I think if there were
one, 'thou shalt not mix fluxes', it would be classed as #23,326,738.

Brian