TECHNET Archives

March 2003

From:
Dougal Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dougal Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:21:38 -0000
just a few thoughts - although you don't say it, if we assume that the
silver filled holes are on the sub panel (5-12), then the normal production
process would be to electroless, then pattern plate this core, followed by
via fill. This will cause problems with the via fill, as the correct
sequence should be electroless, half panel plate, silver via fill, deburr,
full cure, panel or pattern plate. The via fill should be completely plated
over before black oxide.
If the via fill is done on holes L1-16, and the hole size is 0.008" then
either you are being hit by the hole size (min size 0.006") or aspect ratio
(6:1), in achieving a complete fill of the via, and this could cause air
expansion to delaminate the product during reflow.

Dougal Stewart

email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: +44 1896 822204
mob:    +44 7984 629667