TECHNET Archives

March 2003

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:14:17 +0200
This is not a happy situation, IMHO. The diameter of the holes is not a
major problem but having wicking into the connector is. Could you not
change the make of connector? None of the D-type connectors I've used in
the past from 9 - 39 pins has allowed this to happen.

If you have flux penetrating as high as the contacts, a) it could cause
loss of electrical contact, b) it could cause corrosion where the gold
plating is damaged through wear, c) it would not be harmless as it would
not have reached full soldering temperature.

My guess is, take urgent action.

Brian