TECHNET Archives

March 2003

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:11:56 -0000
I remember: Or I think I do. Wake up prints or wake up strokes, some
suppliers' pastes do still need this. If yours does then you might need to
keep it awake up after periods of line inactivity during the day as well.
Assuming your paste is correct grade/OK try checking:

-  the paste is fully to temperature before using it. Sometimes people don't
wait long enough for the paste to warm from the fridge or their printer
environment is too low. Some solder pastes rheology can be sensitive to
ambient temperature.

- Squeegee angle and material, a nice shiny [vertical] blade will encourage
the paste to slide off.

- If the squeegee has side fittings to control paste these will give an
anchor area for the paste.

- Do not over load the stencil so the paste bead rolls high on to the
squeegee assembly giving a large area of paste to grip the squeegee.

- Make sure the squeegee has a nice high and vertical step up at the end of
the print stroke and give it a delay before travelling back so the paste has
time and space to slide off.

Regards
Mike Fenner
Applications Engineer, European Operations
Indium Corporation
 T: + 44 1908 580 400
M: + 44 7810 526 317
 F: + 44 1908 580 411