TECHNET Archives

March 2003

From:
Sencer Sofuoglu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:32:53 -0600
Mike,

Thanks for the help.

Actually it is a one panel test bath that I made up 2 years ago. I
introduced only a few panels with dry film to the bath. I did not carbon
treat but I don't think organic contamination is the case. Sometimes bath
stay idle for long time and then I need to do long time dummy plating before
start testing again. It has been running good since last dummy plating.

Control of additives are done by CVS to measure brightener and leveller
separately. When I asked about iron concentration, readings was good with
brightener and leveller. The CVS and Hull Cell did not show anything
unusual. Later, I started to read high brightener and low leveller
concentration. Now readings are normal after dummy plating and problem seems
to be solved.

I didn't understand why brightener concentration increased and CVS did not
show anything. I know that CVS is a very sensitive device and readings can
be erroneous. But we run same procedure of CVS for also production bath and
readings are stable.

Best regards,

Sofu