TECHNET Archives

March 2003

From:
Phil Kinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:38:41 -0000
Brian,

I appreciate there are other factors involved in assessing the compatibility
of various production chemistries and that good SIR does not necessarily
mean good compatibility.

However, I was only addressing Bev's paragraph, to try and point out that
there was a standard being developed for exactly this process of
SIR/electromigration characterisation.

"Some companies also have internal tests where they mix their wave solder
flux, paste flux, cored wire flux and chip adhesive and test that dog's
breakfast using SIR and electromigration.  Again they are obviously only
testing the most likely combinations, not every combination possible from
their AVL (approved vendor list).

But I know of no standard that specifically deals with this issue"

I hope I didn't upset the apple cart too much, and apologise if the comment
was misleading in any way.

Best Regards,

Phil