TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
Eric Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:54:18 -0000
Hi Poh,
You may be referring to the Dragon by Surf Systems. Unfortunately neither
the machine nor the company are in existence, as far as I know.
It was based on my original concept of using a hot air gun as the reflow
zone instead of the usual hot plate of an infra red reflow oven. The
concentrated flow of hot air over the assembly gave a profile approaching
that of a wave solder machine.
Funnily enough I offered this idea to another reflow oven firm, some two
years before I worked at Surf, and they said 'very interesting' and made me
redundant that afternoon. Was it something I said? They are no longer in
this market, by the way.
Regards
Eric Dawson