TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
Charles Caswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:28:25 -0600
Sorry i lost the original message so am replying to this one. Yes I have reworked a single ball on this same component ( prototype, tset eq. ). i do not recomend it. Used a tiny bit of solder paste and a hot air pencil. Had a teflon coated wire run under the part to keep any stray solder balls from blowing under the part and to keep from reflowing adjacent balls. The part should be removed and reballed or the whole part reflowed.