TECHNET Archives

February 2003

Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:22:22 -0600
And people think **I** drink too much Mt. Dew....................

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins

                      "Bloomquist, Ken"
                      <ken.bloomquist@G        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      D-AES.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject:  Re: [TN] LEAD FREE, NTC (really)

                      02/19/2003 04:50
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum."; Please
                      respond to
                      "Bloomquist, Ken"

Werner,

You are pretty much right on. Here are my five;

1.  The lead will leach out of ALL those electronic devices and contaminate
the soil from where the lead came in the first place. No wait...

2.  Children will pull apart these hazardous electronic devices and eat the
lead off of the circuit boards. No wait...

3.  When electronics get really hot they MIGHT give off gaseous lead vapors
causing nasal cancer. No wait...

4.  Lead cannot be recycled because it can only be used once and then must
be put in barrels for storage in underground caves until their half-life
dies. No wait...

5.  Lead is too heavy for modern electronics. Cell phones and PDA's would
tear your pockets off if they contained too much lead. No wait...

I guess I can't think of a good reason. See Werner's comments, much more
scientific ;-)

KennyB