LEADFREE Archives

February 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Zweigart, Siegmund" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:42:42 +0100
Hello

Thanks a lot for your answers.
They are all quite in line with my opinion.
Regarding the rumors:
I heard the same rumors that a product was changed to lead free and than
back. But I have no idea if it was a real product change or just a trial in
the lab.
I heard that the reason was surface finish of components because they had to
use some components with SnPb Finish.
I heard this information only from a single side, so I am not sure about it
at all.

Siggi

-
Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dr. Siegmund Zweigart
New Technology Manager

Solectron GmbH
Solectronstrasse 2              Fon. ++49 7032 998 194
D - 71083 Herrenberg         Fax  ++49 7032 998 222

e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
internet: www.solectron.com <http://www.solectron.com>
-