TECHNET Archives

February 2003

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:46:43 -0500
From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Ray,
Welcome aboard.

Hopefully the first thing we can "teach" you is to ask very specific questions and to introduce you to the search function that sits on the IPC web site.  Let's deal with the second item first.

If you go to
http://www.ipc.org/html/fsresources.htm
and pick TechNet and then use the search function there you can find a host of useful info in answers already provided to others. Its not perfect and you won't always find what you need, but we sure like it when people make the effort to do that before asking a question we have seen 30 times.

You say you want to conduct accelerated aging tests of pcb's, but you don't say WHY!  You mention the finishes so that might lead me to believe you are concerned about solderability or ionic contamination or or or.  See what I mean?  You might also be concerned about moisture uptake (if you are buying crappy boards) or the integrity of plated through holes and vias.  The testing and standards people would suggest will of course depend on what you want to do.

So, more information, please, and then maybe we can give a specific answer.

regards,
Bev Christian
Research in Motion