TECHNET Archives

February 2003

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 08:47:13 +0200
From:
Edward Szpruch <[log in to unmask]>
Larry,
I could expect that after such long baking of poly PCB moisture is being
removed, but what about solderability??? I believe  Pb/Sn finishing could be
still solderable if solder thickeness is thick enough before intermetalic
reach the surface, but what about alternative finishes???
As bare PCB manufacturer we are baking our polyimide boards before HAL, but
less time and lower temperatures you stated. For finished product I cound
not recommend such conditions.
Edward

Edward Szpruch
Eltek Ltd
P.O.Box 159 ; 49101 Petah Tikva Israel
Tel  ++972 3 9395050 , Fax  ++972 3 9309581
e-mail   [log in to unmask]