TECHNET Archives

February 2003

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:59:39 -0500
From:
"Bissonnette, Jean-Francois" <[log in to unmask]>
Got some more... and certainly the root cause.  I made a sketch (jpg) if
anyone wants to
have a look.

The capacitor is a 1812 CC.

The boards are subjected to physical stress because of the
installation/removal of two
connectors.  What is the problem here is that there is three mounting holes
for standoffs.
Therefore, the boards can be bent.

However, let's change my original question again:

Would anyone replace CCs for TH caps considering that a large number of
boards have
to be modified.  Did anyone tried it before and with what kind of success
(or else).
I guess that the answer is pretty obvious... sorry for spoiling some time
here!!!
Then again I did not have all the information then.

Thanks!